Looking for a short to mid-range flight?
- Written by Melanie Toye, August 16, 2014
When you are looking at charter flights, you may not have thought to look at turboprops. In the 90’s turboprops were known for their loud cabin noise and vibration. However, due the advances of technology, turboprops now boast very minimal noise and vibrations.
Modern turboprops models are outfitted with resonance technology that aids in removing the propeller noise, as much as possible. Takeoff is when the turboprop is loudest, as would be expected.
Turboprops can be chartered for short to mid-range flights; an excellent choice for fuel efficiency and a more economical option when choosing to charter.
If you need to get closer to your destination, turboprops will get you closer with their ability to land on short, or even gravel runways, giving you access to tens of thousands more landing and take off areas, worldwide. Bush areas, mines, remote locations and even smaller airports in main cities, are just some of the reasons why turboprops are a better choice.
The flying time is 2-4 hours, making it ideal for short to mid-range flights. And can fit from 6 passengers up to 50, per flight.
The other major advantage for flying in turboprops, is they fly at slower speeds and lower altitudes, keeping them out of the way of larger jets. And because of this advantage, turboprops do not get involved in the problem of late departures and arrivals, like larger jets who are competing for the same airspace, meaning your schedule is more likely to be met than stranded at a central airport for hours.
Plus luxury and comfort is not lost on a turboprop. Bonus!
Not sure which type of aircraft suits your travel needs? Call our air travel industry specialists at Airstream Jets today, on 1800 275 387.
Please select an article to view
- Creating a quicker way for FIFO travel
- Flood relief through air travel
- Looking for a short to mid-range flight?
- How an air charter broker best works for you
- What to do if you're stranded at the airport?
- Top 5 World Destinations for 2014
- The latest idea in the future of economy travel
- Make your honeymoon unforgettable
- What does luxury air travel mean to you?
- Fly-in, Fly-out, Air Travel Services
- Fly as a team, succeed as a team
- Flexibility in Air Travel
- The Big Questions Answered
- VIP Air Travel
- Take advantage of empty legs
- Organ transplant offers life
- Let the adventurer in you explore
- The perfect gift to any traveler - time
- A new resource for business travellers
- Live Spontaneously
- Why cheaper flights could cost you more
- 10 Reasons to Fly by Helicopter
- Air Travel Safety has come a long way
- The Secret in Air Travel
- How to win over a Client
- Don't get mad simply change the way you travel
- Business Travel is Tipped to Fly in 2014
- What is Air Travel to You?
- 2014 Top Travel Destinations
- Space - is it important?
- Professionals in Travel
- Youngest Solo Flight Around the World
- It's all in the Details
- Create the Romance
- Airstream Jets Comes to the Rescue
- Your Travel Organised
- Peace of Mind
- Holiday Adventure
- Always Expect the Best with Airstream Jets
- Welcome to the Business of Flying
- Travelling by car or plane?
- Fly Smarter