What to do if you're stranded at the airport?
- Written by Melanie Toye, July 30, 2014
You are at the end of your holiday trip, when you discover that you are stuck at the airport. What do you do?
It is not uncommon to hear a traveller being stuck at an airport. Possible reasons for the delay are plane delays and strikes, which could be a matter of hours to days, before the flight is rescheduled.
What do you do? Just wait for the unknown remedy time, for the next available flight to appear? And what about the mass crowd of passengers who are also waiting for the next available flight.
Panic, rudeness and boredom will ride through the range of emotions.
First thing first, you call Airstream Jets on 1800 275 387 and we will arrange for your air travel needs to be re-arranged and quick.
Your time is important to us. Do not waste another minute tapping your fingers on the stiff airport chair, looking at the screen wondering when your actual flight will become available.
Consider the costs of having to stay at your current location, while waiting. It could be days before your flight gets back on schedule. Accommodation costs, food and transport costs all add up, and very quickly. Perhaps even new clothing has to be bought due to a stop over at a destination that is a different climate with the original plan to only be there for an hour at the airport, now you have to buy additional clothes and find a way to fit this in your luggage when it’s time to leave.
And if you have children travelling too, the last thing you want to be doing is trying to keep them occupied for long hours at a time, in a place where they have to stay put for hours on end.
Airstream Jets is in contact with Approved Operators by the Aviation Authority within the relevant region, who can aid in getting you into a flight that will get you home on schedule.
Avoid all the running around, calling travel companies, and trying to look online to book new tickets. Simply call Airstream Jets 1800 275 387 and we will organise your next flight as quickly as possible.
Please select an article to view
- Creating a quicker way for FIFO travel
- Flood relief through air travel
- Looking for a short to mid-range flight?
- How an air charter broker best works for you
- What to do if you're stranded at the airport?
- Top 5 World Destinations for 2014
- The latest idea in the future of economy travel
- Make your honeymoon unforgettable
- What does luxury air travel mean to you?
- Fly-in, Fly-out, Air Travel Services
- Fly as a team, succeed as a team
- Flexibility in Air Travel
- The Big Questions Answered
- VIP Air Travel
- Take advantage of empty legs
- Organ transplant offers life
- Let the adventurer in you explore
- The perfect gift to any traveler - time
- A new resource for business travellers
- Live Spontaneously
- Why cheaper flights could cost you more
- 10 Reasons to Fly by Helicopter
- Air Travel Safety has come a long way
- The Secret in Air Travel
- How to win over a Client
- Don't get mad simply change the way you travel
- Business Travel is Tipped to Fly in 2014
- What is Air Travel to You?
- 2014 Top Travel Destinations
- Space - is it important?
- Professionals in Travel
- Youngest Solo Flight Around the World
- It's all in the Details
- Create the Romance
- Airstream Jets Comes to the Rescue
- Your Travel Organised
- Peace of Mind
- Holiday Adventure
- Always Expect the Best with Airstream Jets
- Welcome to the Business of Flying
- Travelling by car or plane?
- Fly Smarter