Air Travel Safety has come a long way
- Written by Melanie Toye, February 20, 2014
Air Travel Safety has come a long way since the 1990s. Flying in 2013 was termed one of the safest years to fly. It may be because technology has advanced to better systems, not just in air but at airports. Including navigation systems to avoid collisions in air and the stronger aircrafts that are made today that can fly higher and can travel longer distances. It is also apparent that aviation operators and regulators have more knowledge and tactics on how to prevent accidents rather than just reacting to them.
Recently, a Dutch research group called Aviation Safety Network, researched the amount of deaths and accidents since 2013. The research showed a sharp decline in casualties and accidents since the late 1990s.
“Since 1997 the average number of airliner accidents has shown a steady and persistent decline, probably for a great deal thanks to the continuing safety-driven efforts by international aviation organisations such as ICAO, IATA, Flight Safety Foundation and the aviation industry,” said Harro Ranter, Aviation Safety Network President.
This coincides with MIT statistics professor, Arnold Barnett who believed the death risk for passengers of commercial airlines in the United States is one in 45 million flights. And for a busy business traveller, the New York Times posted a traveller could fly every day for 123,000 years and still be safe.
Statistics are staggering when you compare one in 749 deaths as a pedestrian, as reported by Business Insider Australia. Or one in 907 when riding a motorcycle. Or a whopping one in 415 when travelling by car compared to one in 7,229 when flying by all types of air travel.
Airstream Jets goes the extra mile, when it comes to safety. You will be provided with a detailed safety report of the aircraft before you fly. Airstream Jets also ensures each plane that is chosen for our clients goes through an additional auditing process. Plus, all operators must be approved by the relevant Aviation Authority.
Safety should be your priority when travelling. Fly using Airstream Jets. Call today on +1800 27 JETS (5387) for a free quote.
Please select an article to view
- Creating a quicker way for FIFO travel
- Flood relief through air travel
- Looking for a short to mid-range flight?
- How an air charter broker best works for you
- What to do if you're stranded at the airport?
- Top 5 World Destinations for 2014
- The latest idea in the future of economy travel
- Make your honeymoon unforgettable
- What does luxury air travel mean to you?
- Fly-in, Fly-out, Air Travel Services
- Fly as a team, succeed as a team
- Flexibility in Air Travel
- The Big Questions Answered
- VIP Air Travel
- Take advantage of empty legs
- Organ transplant offers life
- Let the adventurer in you explore
- The perfect gift to any traveler - time
- A new resource for business travellers
- Live Spontaneously
- Why cheaper flights could cost you more
- 10 Reasons to Fly by Helicopter
- Air Travel Safety has come a long way
- The Secret in Air Travel
- How to win over a Client
- Don't get mad simply change the way you travel
- Business Travel is Tipped to Fly in 2014
- What is Air Travel to You?
- 2014 Top Travel Destinations
- Space - is it important?
- Professionals in Travel
- Youngest Solo Flight Around the World
- It's all in the Details
- Create the Romance
- Airstream Jets Comes to the Rescue
- Your Travel Organised
- Peace of Mind
- Holiday Adventure
- Always Expect the Best with Airstream Jets
- Welcome to the Business of Flying
- Travelling by car or plane?
- Fly Smarter